The Warren County Public Library is seeking an innovative, creative Adult Services Librarian to be part of our team. The Adult Services Library Assistant/Librarian is responsible for:
• Planning, designing, and coordinating a variety of Adult Programming for our public.
• Developing, leading and assisting technology classes.
• Marketing programs and the library.
• Selecting of Adult materials. Oversees the ordering of books for the library, evaluates book donations for acquisition, and maintains adult material collections including deselection.
• Provides technology oversight, working with an outsourced technology company to ensure that technology is up-to-date and in good repair.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills for our diverse community.
• General circulation duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, required. An MLS from an ALA-Accredited University, preferred
• Knowledge of current trends in libraries and technology.
• Demonstrated computer skills. Strong knowledge of computers, creative technology and software, Microsoft Office, and the Internet.
• Experience providing group or one-on-one technology instruction, preferred
Normal office skills such as the ability to work with Microsoft Office products, phone skills, reliable transportation to work, and the ability to lift 25 pounds are also required.
Full time, requires some evenings and Saturdays.
Benefits include vacation and sick time, and IMRF retirement plan. We offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Salary: $12 per hour