2019 Summer Reading Program
This year’s summer reading program is themed It’s Showtime at Your Library! Online registration for all ages will be open Wednesday, May 1st. Registration at the Monmouth branch begins Tuesday, May 28th.
People who participated in online registration can then pick up materials. Youth participants will get their reading log and bookmark when they sign up. We will kick off reading program with a Red Carpet Celebrity Look-alike Contest with host Ronda Pinson on Monday, June 3rd at 12 pm.
Adult participants will receive a folder with detailed information about the Adult Summer Reading Program, which includes instructions and a schedule of events.
What is Explore More Illinois?
Explore More Illinois is a free service provided by your library that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theatres, and other fun and local cultural venues.
How do I get a Pass?
Log in with your library card credentials and browse for passes by date or attractions. Make your reservation and print or download your pass shortly before your visit. You can have two active reservations per library card. Please cancel your reservation(s) if unable to attend, otherwise the reservation will count as being used. Remember that once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation. Click on the link below to get started.
General Summary: Warren County Public Library seeks a creative, innovative, team-oriented library assistant/librarian dedicated to providing excellent services, collections, and programs to children and teens.
Essential Job Duties:
• Coordinates and oversees the summer reading program to foster a lifelong love of reading
• Plans and presents programs for children and teens
• Collection development
• Provides reference and reader’s advisory
• Occasional supervision of part-time staff and volunteers
• Coordinates with local schools and community groups to provide special story hours and/or library tours
• Maintains the appearance of the children’s area, including display areas
• Other duties as requested or assigned
• Bachelor's Degree required, MLS preferred
• Strong commitment to public service
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, oral and written; public speaking presentation skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers and the public.
• Ability to repeatedly lift up to 15 lbs, place and arrange materials on shelves ranging from the floor level to 7’ high.
• Interested applicants should be flexible, outgoing, creative, self-motivated, and possess both a positive attitude and sense of humor
• Previous library experience highly desired
• Foreign language skills highly desired
Full-time, requires some evenings and Saturdays.
Benefits include vacation and sick time, and IMRF retirement plan. We offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Starting Salary: $28,000-30,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Warren County Public Library has 2 Figge passes available to be checked out on a first-come, first-served basis to patrons with a valid, and in good standing, WCPL library card. The Library has 1 Putnam Museum pass, worth 5 admission tickets available as well.
Passes can be checked out for one week, no renewals. Holds can be placed only in person or by calling (309) 734-3166. The pass includes general admission for the individual or the household (Figge) or admission for five individuals (Putnam).
Please note that passes are non-transferable. Borrowing patrons may be asked for photo identification or their library card, in addition to the pass, to gain admission to the museum.
Save the date book lovers! The Friends of the Library will have their Used Book Sale on these dates:
September 21, 2019
November 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
The sale room will be open 8am-2pm. Free will donations accepted. All proceeds benefit the Warren County Public Library.
Things are looking bright in the library due to an Ameren grant, which allowed us to change out our florescent bulbs with energy efficient, LED light bulbs. The new lights are brighter and use half the watts—a great savings for the library! Thank you Ameren for contributing $2,790 towards our project.
Click on RSAcat (image above) to access books, movies, and more.
Summer Hours begin June 3, 2019 at the Monmouth location.
Monday- Thursday: 8am-6pm
Friday & Saturday: 8am-5pm
The Warren County Public Library and Warren County Genealogical Society now offer Ancestry.com: Library Edition. Start searching billions of records and discover your family's story. (Access available only in the library.)
Click below to begin your research:
The Warren County Public Library would like to recognize the following individual for her many years of service on our Board: Nancy Gossett -- 26 1/2 years.
Mrs. Gossett has been the Secretary since her first meeting on May 13, 1991. We will miss her as a Trustee. Thank you Nancy!
Keep up with all the news and happenings at your local library.
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram:
Were you aware that eBooks and audiobooks can be “borrowed’ from your library? The Warren County Public Library has memberships with two downloadable services, Alliance Digital Media Library (ADML), and eRead Illinois. ADML has 1,632 downloadable audiobooks and 7,014 ebooks. eRead Illinois has 4,506 audiobooks and 26,198 ebooks. What does this mean? This means you can borrow a book, anytime, anywhere.
The Warren County Public Library offers a broad assortment of materials that are available to check out or use. From newspapers to DVD's, the Library has an extensive collection of items. Below is a list of the types of items available to check out or use at the library.
- Large Print Books
- Audio Books
- Daily Review Atlas (Monmouth)
- Journal Star (Peoria)
- Oquawka Current
- Register Mail (Galesburg)
- Wall Street Journal
- Videos and DVD's
There is also a small collection of special materials available for use at the library. These items are not available for check out, but they may be used while you are at the library. Below is a list of items available.
- The Lincoln Collection
- Sheet Music
Services At Main Library
The Library also provides many services to people looking for help. They can help you with all your information needs through reference assistance. If you can't find what you're looking for, stop in, e-mail, or call us during open hours. Below is a list of services available at the library.
- Copy Machine (fee)
- High Speed Internet Computers and Printers (fee for printing)
- Fax 309-734-5955 (fee)
- Meeting Rooms available by reservation
- Wireless Internet Access
- Reference Assistance
- Proctoring, call 309-734-3166 for more information
- Laminating (fee)