Once a hold is placed, you will receive an email and/or phone call when the books are ready for pickup. Your items will be waiting for you behind the desk. Or, you can call us to arrange a curbside pickup.
The Warren County Public Library still offers no-contact curbside pickup during our normal open hours.
Follow these easy steps to pick up your materials:
Step One: Order Your Books, Movies, and More!
· Search our catalog to reserve materials: https://alsi.sdp.sirsi.net/client/en_US/WarrenCountyPL/
· Or call us at 309-734-3166, and we will take your request by phone. (If we do not answer, please leave your name and phone number, and we will return your call.)
Step Two: Schedule Your Pickup
· You will be notified via email or phone when your request is ready.
· Please call or email us to schedule a pickup day.
Step Three: Pick Up Your Items
· Call us from the parking lot when you arrive: 309-734-3166.
· Staff will put your items on the bench outside, near the bookdrop. It will be in a bag with your name on it. Please do not retrieve your items until our staff member has gone back inside.
· All conversations must be done by phone or email, but we will smile and wave when we see you! Thank you for understanding.
· Enjoy your items!
·If you are sick, please stay home. Do not come to the library to pick up materials.
·In case of inclement weather, we may suspend curbside pickup.
What is Explore More Illinois?
Explore More Illinois is a free service provided by your library that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theatres, and other fun and local cultural venues.
How do I get a Pass?
Log in with your library card credentials and browse for passes by date or attractions. Make your reservation and print or download your pass shortly before your visit. You can have two active reservations per library card. Please cancel your reservation(s) if unable to attend, otherwise the reservation will count as being used. Remember that once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation. Click on the link below to get started.
The Warren County Public Library has 2 Figge passes available to be checked out on a first-come, first-served basis to patrons with a valid, and in good standing, WCPL library card. The Library has 1 Putnam Museum pass, worth 5 admission tickets available as well.
Passes can be checked out for one week, no renewals. Holds can be placed only in person or by calling (309) 734-3166. The pass includes general admission for the individual or the household (Figge) or admission for five individuals (Putnam).
Please note that passes are non-transferable. Borrowing patrons may be asked for photo identification or their library card, in addition to the pass, to gain admission to the museum.
Click on RSAcat (image above) to access books, movies, and more.
The Warren County Public Library and Warren County Genealogical Society now offer Ancestry.com: Library Edition. Start searching billions of records and discover your family's story. (Access available only in the library.)
Click below to begin your research:
Were you aware that eBooks and audiobooks can be “borrowed’ from your library? The Warren County Public Library has memberships with two downloadable services, Alliance Digital Media Library (ADML), and eRead Illinois. ADML has 1,632 downloadable audiobooks and 7,014 ebooks. eRead Illinois has 4,506 audiobooks and 26,198 ebooks. What does this mean? This means you can borrow a book, anytime, anywhere.
Keep up with all the news and happenings at your local library.
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram:
The Warren County Public Library offers a broad assortment of materials that are available to check out or use. From newspapers to DVD's, the Library has an extensive collection of items. Below is a list of the types of items available to check out or use at the library.
- Large Print Books
- Audio Books and Music CDs
- Daily Review Atlas (Monmouth)
- Journal Star (Peoria)
- Prairie Review (formerly the Oquawka Current)
- Register Mail (Galesburg)
- Wall Street Journal
There is also a small collection of special materials available for use at the library. These items are not available for check out, but they may be used while you are at the library. Below is a list of items available.
- The Lincoln Collection
- Sheet Music
Services At Main Library
The Library also provides many services to people looking for help. They can help you with all your information needs through reference assistance. If you can't find what you're looking for, stop in, e-mail, or call us during open hours. Below is a list of services available at the library.
- Copy Machine (fee)
- High Speed Internet Computers and Printers (fee for printing)
- Fax 309-734-5955 (fee)
- Meeting Rooms available by reservation
- Wireless Internet Access
- Reference Assistance
- Proctoring, call 309-734-3166 for more information
- Laminating (fee)